The apartment complex that I am staying has about 300+ flats and the intercoms are being setup. We have 4 blocks, each block has max of 11 floors and each block-floor has multiple flat types.. So the extensions are done with a certain logic, first digit as block number (1-4), next two digits as floor number (1-11) and the last digit as flat sequence in that block. By that logic, flat 9-J will be having an extn no of 2092, 2 as J type is part of B-Block, 09 for 9th floor, and J has a sequence number of 2.
I was thinking, can I make an interface where I an enter 9J and the correct extension gets dialed! So thats my next project!
1. make a provision of entering the flat no (9J)
- using same keypad with OLD-SMS type dialing for Alphabet entry
- use a joy-stick to run through the sequence (up-down changes floor, left-right changes type)
2. make an adaptor for Dialing
- cheat the phone to simulate the key press
- use a DTMF chip to generate the dial tone
watch this space for more update....